Slack is a digital based collaboration platform that allows you to connect with individuals as well as groups within the CCSQ Community using a variety of different methods including: Channels, Direct Messaging, Voice Calls, Screen Share, File Sharing and more.
CCSQ QualityNet Slack is HARP (CMS Okta) integrated. If you plan to use QualityNet Slack, first obtain a HARP ID and then submit a request for a QualityNet Slack user role. The Security Official (SO) within your organization will review and approve the role request.
ACCESSING QUALITYNET SLACK
CCSQ QualityNet Slack is located at: https://hcqis.slack.com. Use your HARP credentials to login.
Don't have your HARP credentials?
HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) is CCSQ's secure identity management portal. You will need to create a HARP account in order to request access to CCSQ QualityNet Slack or any other QualityNet IT Services.
Watch this video to learn how to gain QualityNet Slack access in four easy steps.
**Please note that the label in the top-left corner of QualityNet Slack will now say CCSQ QualityNet.
Steps to Access CCSQ QualityNet Slack
Step 1: Register for a HARP ID. For instructions on the process or for more information about HARP, please refer to the HARP page.
*Note: After your first login to HARP using your EUA credentials it will activate the PIV login feature for future use. If you are having trouble with utilizing PIV to log in, please sign in using your EUA. If you have any issues logging into HARP with your EUA credentials, please contact the Service Center at (866) 288-8914.
Step 2: Once the HARP account has been created, login to HARP and request a QualityNet Slack user role. Follow the instructions below for requesting a Slack User Role to submit this request. Here's what to do if you don't see your organization listed.
*Note, your organization needs to have a Security Official identified before users can join.
Step 3: When the organization's Security Official approves the user role request you will receive a confirmation email.
Step 4: Now you're ready to access CCSQ QualityNet Slack via https://hcqis.slack.com using your EUA User ID and Password!!
Get to Know QualityNet Slack
*Please note that the QualityNet Slack workspace is now called CCSQ QualityNet. That is the workspace name you will see in the upper left-hand corner of your Slack screen.
Basic Slack Navigation
Resources For Getting Started
- Important Slack Concepts
- Slack Beginners Guide - Great tool for learning your way around Slack
- Slack Basic Navigation
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack Channel Naming Guide
- Slack Etiquette Guide
- Slack Quick Reference Guide
- Slack CMS YouTube Playlist - Access our CCSQ QualityNet Slack videos
More In-Depth Resources
Training Slides & Recordings
- Slack 101 Essentials Training Recording 1-26-2022
- Slack 101 Essentials Training Recording 3-4-2022
- Slack 101 Essentials Training Recording 5-20-2022
- Slack 101 Essentials Training Recording 6-8-2022
#Channels to Join
- #help-slack - Get quick info, tips, tricks for using SLACK
- #announcements-cms-qnet - General announcements for the entire community
- #announcements-slack - Learn about new apps, features, and events to improve your experience
- #slack_apps - A reference library with listings and descriptions for all QualityNet Slack app integrations
- Slackbot - Ask the Slack bot a question
Slack 508 Accessibility
Tools Chat Reboots
- Slack Workflows
- Barbarasaurus Personal Interview
- Slack-Confluence Integration
- Barbarasauraus Presents: Discovering the New Slack Huddles Features
- Accessibility in Slack
- QualityNet Slack Canvas Jeopardy Show
- The New Workflow Builder
Get insight about your channels to increase functionality with data like:
- Where people send the most messages and files – private vs. public, channels vs. direct messages
- Total number of members and number of messages sent
- Number of weekly or daily active members
To access the Analytics Dashboard:
- Click on CCSQ Workspace dropdown.
- Select Tools.
- Select Analytics.
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack users must follow the HCQIS Rules of Behavior and Security policies at all times.
- PHI/PII shall never be shared within Slack. If this occurs, a Security Incident should be opened immediately.
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack users shall be mindful of the type of content that is made publicly Vs. within private channels.
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack is available on mobile devices. However, users should NOT download files on personal mobile devices as this may violate HCQIS CFE policies.
- ONLY CMS approved Slack application (plug-ins) will be made available. To request an application please follow #app-requests on your Slack Dashboard
Add members to your direct messages! This means that any existing direct message (DM) between you and other QualityNet Slack members gives you the ability to loop in others even after the conversation has already begun.
Select What’s Visible
Don’t want them to see some of the previous conversation? No problem! When you add people to a DM, messages and files will be visible to new members based on the conversation history you choose to include. You have the option of selecting whether they can see all or part of past conversations.
1. Click the name(s) in the conversation header.
2. Click Add people to this conversation.
3. Type the name of the person you'd like to add, then select them from the list and click Next. You can include up to 9 people in a direct message.
4. Select an option to Include conversation history.
5. Click Done and select Confirm when you're ready.
A New DM Is Created
The conversation history you choose to include is moved to a new group DM that includes the new members. Members of the DM will now be notified automatically with a message posted to the relevant conversations.
- No labels