Slack is a digital based collaboration platform that allows you to connect with individuals as well as groups within the CCSQ Community using a variety of different methods including: Channels, Direct Messaging, Voice Calls, Screen Share, File Sharing and more.
CCSQ QualityNet Slack is HARP (CMS Okta) integrated. If you plan to use QualityNet Slack, first obtain a HARP ID and then submit a request for a QualityNet Slack user role. The Security Official (SO) within your organization will review and approve the role request.
ACCESSING QUALITYNET SLACK
CCSQ QualityNet Slack is located at: https://hcqis.slack.com. Use your HARP credentials to login.
Don't have your HARP credentials?
HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) is CCSQ's secure identity management portal. You will need to create a HARP account in order to request access to CCSQ QualityNet Slack or any other QualityNet IT Services.
Watch this video to learn how to gain QualityNet Slack access in four easy steps.
**Please note that the label in the top-left corner of QualityNet Slack will now say CCSQ QualityNet.
Steps to Access CCSQ QualityNet Slack
Step 1: Register for a HARP ID. For instructions on the process or for more information about HARP, please refer to the HARP page.
*Note: After your first login to HARP using your EUA credentials it will activate the PIV login feature for future use. If you are having trouble with utilizing PIV to log in, please sign in using your EUA. If you have any issues logging into HARP with your EUA credentials, please contact the Service Center at (866) 288-8914.
Step 2: Once the HARP account has been created, login to HARP and request a QualityNet Slack user role. Follow the instructions below for requesting a Slack User Role to submit this request. Here's what to do if you don't see your organization listed.
*Note, your organization needs to have a Security Official identified before users can join.
Step 3: When the organization's Security Official approves the user role request you will receive a confirmation email.
Step 4: Now you're ready to access CCSQ QualityNet Slack via https://hcqis.slack.com using your EUA User ID and Password!!
Get to Know QualityNet Slack
*Please note that the QualityNet Slack workspace is now called CCSQ QualityNet. That is the workspace name you will see in the upper left-hand corner of your Slack screen.
Basic Slack Navigation
Slack 101 Essentials Training Slides and Recordings
Resources For Getting Started
- Slack Beginners Guide - Great tool for learning your way around Slack
- QualityNet Slack Basic Navigation Guide
- Slack Corporate 101 Training Video Recording
- Slack Corporate 101 Training PPT - Download and watch in presentation mode
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack Channel Naming Guide
- Slack Etiquette Guide
- Slack Quick Reference Guide
- Slack CMS YouTube Playlist - Access our CCSQ QualityNet Slack videos
More In-Depth Resources
Slack 201 Essentials Training Slides & Recordings
#Channels to Join
- #help-slack - Get quick info, tips, tricks for using SLACK
- #announcements-cms-qnet - General announcements for the entire community
- #announcements-slack - Learn about new apps, features, and events to improve your experience
- #slack_apps - A reference library with listings and descriptions for all QualityNet Slack app integrations
- Slackbot - Ask the Slack bot a question
Tools Chat Reboots
- Slack Workflows
- Barbarasaurus Personal Interview
- Slack-Confluence Integration
- Barbarasauraus Presents: Discovering the New Slack Huddles Features
If you are experiencing trouble with the audio for for your CCSQ QualityNet Slack call, here are the steps to take:
First, try quitting and reopening the Slack desktop app or your browser. If that doesn’t help, try restarting your device.
If neither of the options above works, follow the steps below to check that the right audio input and output sources are selected.
Check input & output settings:
Click the phone icon to start a call.
Click the gear icon in the top left corner of the call window.
Select your input or output source to open a drop-down menu and select your preferred microphone and speaker. You can switch between sources to see which ones work.
To test your microphone, say a few words and check that the voice meter moves up and down while you're speaking.
To check your speaker, click Test. You'll hear a chime if your speaker is unmuted and working correctly.
Check audio settings:
Check to make sure your audio isn't muted. Then confirm that Slack has permission to access your microphone.
If you're on Windows 10:
If others can't hear you on a call, follow these steps to make sure Slack has been granted access to your microphone:
- Open Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Click Microphone.
Toggle the setting on.
There's also a known issue with Windows 10 where Slack cannot detect communications devices (like headphones or headsets) that are not the system default. To set your preferred device as the system default, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Sound.
Below Select your output device, choose the one you want from the drop-down menu.
Lastly, check that your audio drivers are up to date. If they're not, updating may resolve these issues.
Other Slack Call issues:
Occasionally users have trouble with:
- Call connectivity
- Screen sharing
- Windows or Chrome
Simple fixes to each of these which can be found in the Troubleshoot Slack Calls article in the Slack Help Center.
If you need further assistance, reach us at #help-slack in Slack or contact the QualityNet Help Desk at 1-866-288-8914 from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM CT Monday through Friday.
Get insight about your channels to increase functionality with data like:
- Where people send the most messages and files – private vs. public, channels vs. direct messages
- Total number of members and number of messages sent
- Number of weekly or daily active members
To access the Analytics Dashboard:
- Click on your Profile.
- Select Tools.
- Select Analytics.
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack users must follow the HCQIS Rules of Behavior and Security policies at all times.
- PHI/PII shall never be shared within Slack. If this occurs, a Security Incident should be opened immediately.
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack users shall be mindful of the type of content that is made publicly Vs. within private channels.
- CCSQ QualityNet Slack is available on mobile devices. However, users should NOT download files on personal mobile devices as this may violate HCQIS CFE policies.
- ONLY CMS approved Slack application (plug-ins) will be made available. To request an application please follow #app-requests on your Slack Dashboard
- No labels