Aaron Thompsonx
Adrienne Adkins
Adrienne Rayx

Ahmar Wazir

Anitha Chintalapati
Arnie Esparterox
Betina Fletcherx
Branon Barrett
Carol Olsen
Cheri Jergerx
Chris Brownx
Curtis Phillipsx
Deb Wilson
Dianna Christensen
Greg Eccleston
Heather Dubendris
Heather Moorex
Howard Thomas
Janet Lea Hutchinson
Jason Clemx
Jason Simmington
Jennifer Baileyx
Justyna Sardin
Karena S
Kathleen Prewittx
Kelly Llewellyn
Kelsey Oklandx
Lakshmi Erigineni
Leah Skrienx
Lisa Reesx
Matt McDonoughx
Melissa Fieldhousex
Michael Kennedy
Nathan Muzosx
Ozlem Taselx
Pandu Muddanax
Pani Palanichamyx
Porsche Dorsey
Rachelle DuBose Caruthersx
Revathy Ramakrishna
Sarah Fillingx
Seema Sreenivasx
Scott Laughlin
Steve Goodman
Vladimir Ladikx
Yvette Brown


Meeting RecordingArnie

This session will be recorded for the purpose of documenting the meeting minutes and action items. If there are any objections to the recording of this session, please make it known now. Absence of an objection to the meeting being recorded will count as consent to recording this meeting
Passcode: n5@weu#J

Emergency ReportingLisa/EDIs

Exploration for moving emergency reporting into the system

  • The Program has an enabler they would like to explore the possibility of moving emergency reporting into EQRS
  • Trying to standardize and automate things as much as possible
  • Keiser has a document called ESSR - Emergency Situational Status Reporting
  • This document shows information on the need to close if a patient has had to be relocated
  • It shows emergency stuff in case of such things as hurricanes. storms, facility emergencies onsite that need to relocate patients, fires, tornadoes, etc
  • In cases of emergency, need to make sure the patient(s) is accounted for
  • Suggest to find a way for EQRS to provide information where are the patients that are fleeing a certain area even if transient admissions for emergencies only
  • Need a way to track patients
  • Per Vlad, suggests not to use the existing system; don't use the Admission Treatment system; have a report that will be sent to EQRS once a week that will provide information on clinics that have been closed due to natural disaster or emergency
  • Per Kathleen, she is not against reporting this information but need to ne a tight concentrated effort between everyone to get definitions and cases and everything outlined as well as getting internal systems aligned
  • If also want to track facility information, it may be a major overhaul for their facility module and maybe offer batch submission
  • Per Nathan, after seeing how EQRS behaves, he does not see how EQRS in its current state could manage this
  • There are so many business rules for admissions and discharges
  • Suggest that emergency reporting would have to be a separate module
  • Suggest also to extend flexibility in getting out of xml files; in cases of emergency, there is information trapped in a spreadsheet
  • Consider having multiple options of data uploads (csv, xml)
  • Also, not having to report on everyone all the time; just be able to edit a certain patient
  • Not sure that their current system will provide the information needed better than what's working today
  • Per Rachelle, If you are serious about this, I suggest that we have a session in which we include the organizations' emergency response teams; they are familiar with the systems we use (what/how/when we collect and report these data).
  • During exploration, the HCD (Human Center Design) team will need to get involved
  • Per Chris Brown, need to think about a piece of information to know before the event happens; critical to know what patients were actually in the area when the event happened
  • Would like to do away with transient admissions notion entirely and just know who is being treated on a real time basis
  • Per Kathleen, maybe track the information using a source or resource that is NOT in EQRS and could provide the information needed that the Program is looking for
  • Rachelle, recommend to reach out to Mary Albin, executive director; she can provide her experience from a network perspective

Open Forum



  • NHSN uploads
    • DaVita's entire file is erroring out
    • May be related to the new code that was supposed to go into prod next week (6/8)
    • A heads up to the networks and Lisa they they may be struggling to meet the reporting deadline today
    • This is the COVID19 code, testing positives, the boosters
    • Only supposed to go live with patient and healthcare vaccinations modules today
    • Nathan will send an email to Heather at the CDC and will include Lisa and Shalon
    • Per Lisa they will accommodate and find a way to make it work




Next meeting scheduled for  

Action Items:

  • Some of the EDIs may not be familiar on the data collection of Peritonitis so it is requested for the Program to provide them with a distinct set of questions to start. Per Lisa, they will come up with a set of questions (action item: Lisa)

  • No labels
Write a comment...