Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Name
Adrienne Adkins
Adrienne Ray

Ahmar Wazir


Anitha Chintalapatix
Arnie Esparterox
Cheri Jergerx
Chris Brownx
Deb Wilsonx
Dianna Christensenx
Hari Krishna
Heather Moorex
Howard Thomas
Janet Hutchinsonx
Jason Clemx
Jennifer Bailey
Julie Alvarezx
Kathleen Prewittx
Kelly Llewellynx
Leah Skien
Lisa Rees
Melissa Fieldhousex
Nathan Muzosx
Pandu Muddana
Revathy Ramakrishna
Scott Laughlinx
Sarah Fillingx
Seema Sreenivas
Steve Goodmanx
Vladimir Ladikx
Yvette Brownx
Zac Cohen
Zachary Serlethx




Agenda

ItemsWho
Meeting RecordingArnie

This session will be recorded for the purpose of documenting the meeting minutes and action items. If there are any objections to the recording of this session, please make it known now. Absence of an objection to the meeting being recorded will count as consent to recording this meeting.

https://zoom.us/rec/share/XJpup3xn5LlrlDGzs7vUYXNFzXjhRnwUwIH-oBSGuuS1TUOgxkYMJEpOZo9wg9RN.2sLny49whNS4Rb6t Passcode: z0+6a8*G 

Working AgreementScott

EQRS and EDI Development Alignment Process - EQRS - HCQIS Confluence (cms.gov)

  • CMS continues to work on different ways to partner and ultimately achieve parallel development with the EDI submitter community
  • Working to separate the Program type discussions and the IT type discussions
  • Today's EDI Touchpoint Statue meeting is the IT side
  • The proposed EQRS and EDI Development Alignment Process is a draft and feedback is welcome from the group
  • Different stages: Funnel, Shallow Dive, Post PI Planning, Development Cycle, Ready for Production
  • See detailed description of each Stage below:

  • The EQRS and EDI Development Alignment Process is currently on the non-public side of confluence; once it has been finalized a version will be made available on the public side of confluence for the EDIs
DocumentationAnitha

New Patient Tribe, & Race Codes 

(for more detailed discussion listen to recording starting at ~17:37)

  • Last PI, worked on adding a new Race code called "other" and also added two new Tribe codes (449 and 450)
  • Changes released to production 10/26 and already available
  • The documentation has already been posted
  • XSD changes - added race code value = 10
  • Added tribe codes 449 and 450
  • Test file - race and ethnicity you can provide 10 as well as new tribe code 449 or 450
  • These changes will not affect the existing functionality of the EDSM
  • These are just additional race and tribe codes added
  • Data Dictionary - row 33, on the patient tab, added 10 as a listed value
  • A note has been added to the definition that these changes have have been added on 10/26
  • Tribe code 449 and 450 were updated on Data Dictionary along with a comment
  • Kathleen confirmed - If they were to report "other" as a race, they would not be required to report country of origin or tribe? Do we have to submit a tribe and country or we don't have to?
    • Per Anitha - she will research the answer and get back to the group (action item)
  • Kelly asked if the information is already available in the updated schema or updated data dictionary for the EDI Submitters?
    • Per Anitha - Yes, it is available on the public EDI space in Confluence
    • Is it already in Prod Preview and Prod?
      • Per Anitha - Yes
  • Chris Brown asked if there is a place on confluence that tracks when things (updates/deployments) go live (for example, a feature page that shows date when something goes live)?
    • Per Scott. we don't track it today but if that will help the group, it will be discussed on the CMS side (action item)
    • For the short term - adding a column with the prod date would be possible
  • Suggestion from Nathan - useful in the race and tribe grid of the files would be the mapping of the codes to an explanation of each code
  • Per Kelly - can we confirm the schema/feature release is available in prod preview for testing. It would be helpful to know when something is available for testing and when it has gone to Prod or when they can expect to go to Prod (action item)
PI Feature updatesScott/Yvette

Feature Page walkthrough (Recording ~28:49)

  • Currently the following are included in the Feature Page: Business Objective, Business Description, Benefit Hypotheses, Acceptance Criteria
  • Feedback - Kelly uses this document to share the information with the community and it was very useful
  • She would like to continue using this document; answers the What, How, and Why definition
  • Feature pages are available on the EDI public facing Confluence page under Resources and References page
  • Planning on keeping the feature available on the page for at least 1+ PI or more
  • Feedback Nathan - this is a big step forward in the right direction; it is very useful; suggest to have what is actually being collected and the frequency (for example, the new fields, these are the number of visits, and dates)
  • The Feature page could be the ideation to be used to build the business requirements document which we don't have today
  • Question from Kelly - Vendors are starting to plan their work and questions are surfacing looking at the schema updates and found a discrepancy.  What is the best way to respond to handle the discrepancy?
    • Per Scott - It should still be sent to the helpdesk to route it and capture it properly and bring awareness 

Identify Depressed Patients (Recording ~39:01)

  • Yvette presented to the group a spreadsheet that we need to keep in mind she uses this only when her team is refining features for the upcoming PI.  Therefore, the spreadsheet may not be updated all the time since the updates are made to the stories in Jira as development goes on
  • Change to this feature - initially most of the questions were required. After receiving feedback that the EDIs may not have all the information after a patient has been screened,  CMS has decided to go back and make most of the questions optional (not required)
  • CMS is also discussing an option to say "you don't know this information at that time"
  • The first question - Has the patient been screened? It will be changed from month to quarter because that's another change that's coming.  It will be Yes or No
  • Another question - Was the patient identified as depressed? Yes or No
  • New question - If the patient was screened but they are not depressed, if the patient receiving any treatment for depression, mental health medication, or both?
    • This is to indicate a patient was depressed previously, but because of the treatment that they're receiving, they're no longer tagged as depressed, basically the treatment is working
  • If the patient wasn't screened, if they had any cognitive screening before or cognitive decline, you'll be able to enter that information
  • These questions are required now but will be changed to being optional because the EDIs may not have the information
  • The ADO is in the process of making these changes in the database and UI, so Yvette was not able to demo these changes at this time
  • Per Nathan some of the verbiage of the questions may need to be visited. For example, PHQ2 or PHQ9 are assessments, not screenings
  • Request from Yvette to Nathan and Vlad to send an email to Lisa with what the proper wording should be for the questions they brought attention to in the meeting.  It will need to be approved by the program before Yvette can make any changes to the verbiage (action item)
  • Options for mental health therapy - EDIs may know if they are having treatment but may not know who is giving it. 
    • Per Yvette this question may also be optional
  • Yvette still needs to discuss these changes mentioned with her team.  She will get answers, make the appropriate updates and let the group know
Test and Feedback Files (XSD, XML, Data Dictionary Updates)Scott

Data Dictionary - EDI Feedback (Recording ~1:03:53)

  • Thank you to Nathan for providing feedback to CMS on the Data Dictionary
  • Much appreciation from CMS on how it was delivered, written, examples and how it was provided to CMS


EDI Submitter's Progress (upcoming feature development)EDIs

DaVita (Recording ~50:05)

  • On the EDI public confluence page, it would be great if there was a way to subscribe or follow the page
    • Unfortunately, because it is a public facing page a user cannot subscribe or follow the page with out having to be authenticated and having to log in. May need to talk to the Atlassian team to see if it is possible to subscribe or follow without having an account
  • Nathan would like to revisit the discussion around the effective dates and date of death. DaVita does not submit effective dates so EQRS defaults to the day of DaVita's submission for them, but that date can't be after the date of death.  When they try to submit a date of death, it puts in today's date and it errors (example at 53:49 of recording)
  • Scott will discuss revisiting the DaVita effective date and date of death issue with Lisa (action item)
  • Nathan asked if there was any update on the redshift?
    • Scott, Yvette and Anitha are not aware of the status at this time

FKC

  • No updates for today
  • The information shared today is really helpful for things Kathleen is planning for the next four months

DCI

  • Data submission -  they are doing ok and on track; caught up on all months with submissions; there are about 50 to 100 patients left for each month
  • The clinical compliance report shows that there are still a significant number of patients with an error but each week the number is slowly declining; Vlad reported this issue to the helpdesk and spoke to Michael and the NCC about it

NRAA

  • Kelly did report to the helpdesk the issue that the vendor found in the nursing home schema
  • Most of their community is working through May and June now so they still have alot of data to submit but they are working on it
GeneralScott

Action Items:

  • If they were to report "other" as a race, would they not be required to report country of origin or tribe? Do we have to submit a tribe and country?
  • Chris Brown asked if there is a place on confluence that tracks when things (updates/deployments) go live (for example, a feature page that shows date when something goes live)?
    • Per Scott, we don't track it today but if that will help the group, it will be discussed on the CMS side Scott Laughlin 
  • Confirm the schema/feature release is available in prod preview for testing. It would be helpful to know when something is available for testing and when it has gone to Prod or when they can expect to go to Prod Anitha Chintalapati
  • Request from Yvette to Nathan and Vlad to send an email to Lisa with what the proper wording should be for the questions they brought attention to in the meeting.  It will need to be approved by the program before Yvette can make any changes to the verbiage (Nathan and Vlad)
  • Scott will discuss revisiting the DaVita effective date and date of death issue with Lisa Scott Laughlin 



Write a comment...