New Relic Application Performance Monitoring (APM) is a Software as a Service (SaaS) offering to monitor resources such as infrastructure, applications, and Amazon Web Service (AWS) endpoints for applications in the QualityNet cloud. New Relic is fully integrated with the QualityNet single sign on solution and is replacing SteelCentral APM for applications in the QualityNet Cloud.
QUICK START GUIDE
The high-level steps for a contractor to onboard to New Relic include:
- HARP ID: All New Relic users must have a valid HARP ID or EIDM ID and need to request for a HARP role. For instructions requesting a HARP ID, refer to the HARP page.
- CSMs will initiate a kick-off meeting for New Relic onboarding.
- Installation: Contractor IT personnel will work closely with the HIDS Cloud Monitoring team to install the agent and gather environmental and technical needs.
- Adding Users: Approved end users with a HARP role assigned within your organization are now ready to use New Relic as a basic user.
The process flow for migrating to New Relic. Click on image to enlarge.
New Relic is available to all ADOs who support a CMS application.
Each organization will be able to use all features within New Relic which include monitoring, troubleshooting, setting up and receiving alerts as well as using and creating dashboards. Your organization may decide to use a subset of these features.
For new applications, reach out to your CSM to coordinate a kick-off meeting.
Yes. Your New Relic account will be pre-configured to send New Relic data to Splunk.
No. The current alert template contains sensitive data that cannot be sent to corporate email. Until the template is updated, accounts will be audited for adherence. The approved methods for receiving notifications are:
- Slack (It is recommended to use a dedicated Slack team channel for alert notifications)
Yes. This functionality will be pre-configured for each AWS account.
Yes. This feature is helpful for testing and finding issues with your software's business critical functionality before real users do.
Yes. There are two android and iPhone apps available in the respective app stores. One is for New Relic insights only and the other one is for monitoring.
- No labels